Groups or individuals can volunteer for Paint Your Heart Out Lakeland’s annual Paint Day to give to the less fortunate of Lakeland. Our annual Paint Day event is a chance to help out and have fun at the same time with family and friends. Fill out the Volunteer Sign-up Form to sign up with a group, or as an individual.
There are many ways to get involved with PYHO Lakeland:
- Organize a paint team. We have teams from civic clubs and organizations, churches, businesses, athletic teams, schools — all sorts!
- Nominate a home to be painted. Click here to print or fill out our Nomination Form
- Talk to your business about donating money or goods. We are always in need of paint and painting equipment and supplies, but we also need “volunteer support” in the form of drinks and lunches during Paint Day. Click here to print or fill out our Sponsorship Form
- Talk with the Board of Directors about getting involved behind the scenes — reviewing and preparing homes, organizing teams, etc.
As most of the homes painted are small, large teams of 30 or more may be split between two houses. We encourage teams to meet the weekend before Paint Day to do minor repairs on their assigned houses (if needed) and to prepare the houses for Paint Day.
What teams usually bring on Paint Day …
- Plenty of water for everyone on the team
- First-Aid kits
- Landscaping tools, if needed
- Insect repellant
- Step stools